Contact lens care involves both the lenses and the lens case. Use a contact lens cleaning solution that is recommended by your eye doctor.
Recommendations for safe and healthy contact lens wear:
- Always wash and dry your hands before handling contact lenses.
- Carefully and regularly clean contact lenses with a contact lens cleaning solution as directed by your doctor. If recommended, rub the contact lenses with your fingers and rinse thoroughly before soaking lenses overnight in sufficient multi-purpose solution to completely cover the lens.
- Store lenses in the proper lens storage case and replace the case at a minimum of every three months. Clean the case with multi-purpose solution after each use, and keep it open and dry between cleanings.
- Use only products recommended by your optometrist to clean and disinfect your lenses. Saline solution and rewetting drops are not designed to disinfect lenses.
- Only fresh solution should be used to clean and store contact lenses. Never reuse old solution. Contact lens solution must be changed according to the manufacturer's recommendations, even if the lenses are not used daily.
- Always follow the recommended contact lens replacement schedule prescribed by your eye doctor.
- Remove contact lenses before swimming or entering a hot tub.
- See your eye doctor for your regularly scheduled contact lens and eye examination.